Turkish Acar Enerji To Build Hyroelectric Plants In Georgia

TBILISI - Acar Enerji-2007, a Turkish-capital company operating in Georgia, will construct a total of 7 hydroelectric power plants in this country.

Director General of the company Metin Kumusoglu told A.A that Acar Enerji-2007 has signed a memorandum with the Georgian Energy Ministry for the construction of the hydroelectric power plants.

Kumusoglu said the preparation studies regarding the power plants would take a year and the construction phase would be completed in 4 years.

The total power of the electricity to be produced at the plants would be 736 megawatts, he added.

Kumusoglu also said that the project would cost nearly 213 million USD.

"40 percent of the electricity to be produced at these hydroelectric power plants will be used by Georgia. We plan to export the remaining 60 percent to Turkey," he said.

Copyright © 2008