Erdogan not in favor of repeat of Habur incident
Speaking in a joint press conference with Surinamese Vice-President Robert Ameerali, Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan said that the release of public servants and soldiers kidnapped by the outlawed PKK which is expected to occur this week should not be turned into a show.
Referring to the a process which was launched by the government four years ago to accept eight PKK members and 28 Kurdish refugees from the Makhmour Camp in the Kandil Mountains in northern Iraq and which was disrupted by a festive welcome at the Habur border gate, Erdogan said, “We don’t want to experience a second Habur. We want this to end successfully without overshadowing the peace process.”
In response to a reporter’s question about the minutes of the recent meeting between PKK leader Abdullah Ocalan and three Peace and Democracy Party (BDP) deputies were leaked to the press last week, Erdogan said, "If we remain patient for a while, our colleagues from the media may publicize the source of the leak. They know it and they have to announce it. Patience is needed for that. But if they don’t announce it, then we will."
Friday, March 08, 2013