The number of fatalities from a Sunday tourist bus blast in the Egyptian side of the Taba crossing on the border with Israel rose to four
CAIRO - The number of fatalities from a Sunday tourist bus blast in the Egyptian side of the Taba crossing on the border with Israel rose to four, Egyptian security and medical sources said.
The sources did not give further information about the explosion victims, and Anadolu Agency could not get immediate comments from either the Interior Ministry or the Health Ministry on the updated death toll.
The Interior Ministry wrote in a statement earlier that an explosion hit a tourist bus carrying Korean tourists at a parking lot in Taba crossing, southern Sinai.
The ministry added that the blast killed three people, including two Koreans and the Egyptian driver of the bus, and injured 14 others.
Meanwhile, a security source said earlier that 18 tourists emerged unharmed from the explosion, adding that the unharmed victims were Korean tourists who were sitting at the back of the bus when the blast hit the front.
AA could not get comments from the Korean Embassy in Cairo as no group claimed responsibility for the bombing.
Copyright © 2014 Anadolu Agency