Turkey stressed the importance of judging the actors of the 'malicious attack' to accomplish the country's efforts to build peace and stability.
ANKARA - Turkey's Ministry of Foreign Affairs has condemned the attack in Iraq on a convoy, which included Iraqi Turkmen Front (ITF) convoy chief Arshad al-Salihi, in a statement on Wednesday.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs stressed the importance of judging the actors of the 'malicious attack' to accomplish the country's efforts to build peace and stability.
The convoy was attacked with remote controlled mines in Iraq's Kirkuk province.
Salihi was unharmed, but his two security guards were injured and six vehicles were damaged.
Speaking to AA after the incident, the ITF chief said that they returned to visit Musalla for election campaigns when the blast happened.
"The windows of my armored vehicle were smashed due to the attack. The vehicles of my security staff were not armored. If the land mine had detonated near them, the number of casualties would have been higher," said Salihi.
Salihi said it is the second assassination attempt targeting him within two months: "My house was bombed twice and my convoy was attacked three times with a bomb," he said.
In another statement, the ministry also condemned the ongoing wave of clashes in Nigeria since last week, where more than a hundred people were killed during the attacks. The ministry called on Nigerian people to harmony and solidarity and reiterated its hope for the clashes to end soon.
Copyright © 2014 Anadolu Agency