Bomb targets top security official's home in S. Yemen
By Rajeh Badi, Sunday, March 23, 2014
SANAA – Two unidentified attackers on a motorbike hurled a bomb into the house of a top security official in the southern Hadhramaut province on Sunday, a security source said.
It was not immediately clear whether Samir al-Sharafi, security director of Hadhramaut's Ghail Bawazir district, was home at the time of the attack, the source told Anadolu Agency.
He went on to assert that the attack left no casualties and that security forces have cordoned off the house.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
The Ghail Bawazir district was the scene of fierce clashes late last year between the Yemeni army and suspected al-Qaeda militants.
Al-Qaeda is active in several parts of southern Yemen, from which it continues to stage sporadic attacks on military and police targets.
Yemen has struggled to maintain law and order since the ouster of autocrat Ali Abdullah Saleh in 2012.
Copyright © 2014 Anadolu Agency