Turkish Cypriot man slain in London
Thursday, March 27, 2014
LONDON – A murder investigation has been launched after a Turkish Cypriot man was found dead in his London flat.
Police said 56-year-old Mehmet Hassan was found after they forced their way into his apartment Monday. Relatives had contacted the police to express concern over Hassan's welfare. The last time anyone was known to have contact with Hassan was on Sunday evening.
Police said they believe Hassan was assaulted inside the property. There did not appear to be any sign of forced entry into the property, police said, so it is possible that Hassan opened the door to his attacker or attackers. Hassan was a father of three and had been living on his own.
An incident room has opened under Detective Chief Inspector Andy Partridge, of the Homicide and Major Crime Command.
"I would like to appeal to anyone who has seen any activity in and around this address to make contact with my officers," Partridge said. "In particular I would like help from the public, who can assist with the movements of the victim between 19.30hrs on Sunday, 23 March, and shortly before police found the victim on Monday."
Police have made no arrests so far.
Copyright © 2014 Anadolu Agency