YouTube blocked In Turkey without a court order
Thursday, March 27, 2014
- Ankara's Chief Prosecutor has launched an espionage investigation into the wiretapped security meeting
- "This is a declaration of war against the Turkish Republic," says Turkey's FM Davutoglu on wiretapping of security meeting
- Turkey's FM Davutoglu on wiretapping of security meeting: "Perpetrators will be punished in the most severe manner"
- Turkey's broadcast regulator imposes broadcast ban on wiretapped security meeting
Earlier, what appeared to be a leaked audio recording of Turkish officials discussing Syria appeared on YouTube.
The controversial recording which appeared on YouTube relates to a discussion of possible military operations in Syria, which was apparently attended by Turkey's intelligence chief, its foreign minister and the deputy head of the armed forces.
Reuters news agency, which examined the recording, said it could not verify its authenticity but it was potentially the most damaging purported leak so far as it appeared to have originated from the bugging of a highly confidential and sensitive conversation.
YouTube has been blocked in Turkey as a newly leaked recording purportedly includes Turkey's intelligence chief discussing possible military operations in Syria with the foreign minister and the deputy head of the armed forces.
Turkey's Telecommunication Directorate (TİB) has used its new authority for the first time by blocking YouTube without a court order.
Turkish Foreign Ministry: Wiretappers are 'enemy of state' and will get heaviest punishment possible.
Turkey’s defense minister: Eavesdropping on security meeting is 'counter-intelligence against the state.'
Copyright © 2014 Anadolu Agency