Turkey condemns bombing in Nigeria
Saturday, May 03, 2014
ANKARA – Turkey has condemned the bomb attack that killed at least 29 people in Nigeria's capital Abuja on Thursday.
Turkey's Foreign Ministry offered condolences to the victims' families and wished a fast recovery for the injured in a statement issued on Saturday.
"We believe that people of Nigeria will stand together against these kinds of terror attacks that aim to break the peaceful and secure environment in the country and we hope for these attacks to end as soon as possible," the statement said.
Medical sources in the capital confirmed that at least 29 bodies had been brought to hospital.
The blast took place late Thursday in the suburb of Nyanya near the site where a car bombing killed 75 people last month and injured 134 others, an attack which militant group Boko Haram said it carried out.
There was no claim of responsibility for Thursday's attack.
Copyright © 2014 Anadolu Agency