No group has claimed responsibility for the bombing which took place on Thursday
LAGOS – Nigerian authorities announced on Saturday that 20 people had died in a bombing attack that had rocked the capital Abuja on Thursday.
"One more person has been confirmed dead at Asokoro District Hospital and that brings the tally to 20," Minister of State for Health Khaliru Alhassan told reporters while touring the medical facilities where victims of the blast were being treated.
He said government is satisfied with the commitment of the medics attending to the victims, praising donor agencies for their supports.
No group has so far claimed responsibility for the bombing.
The Thursday blast occurred near the site where a car bombing had killed 75 people and injured 134 others on April 14.
The Boko Haram militant group had claimed responsibility for the April 14 blast.
At least 1500 people have been killed this year in attacks blamed on the militant group.
Copyright © 2014 Anadolu Agency