Six members of Koc Holding, Turkey’s largest industrial conglomerate, are in the top ten biggest taxpayers
ANKARA – Mustafa Rahmi Koc, the honorary president of Turkey's largest industrial conglomerate Koc Holding, was the most beloved of the government's tax collectors, as he dethroned another Koc member Semahat Sevim Arsel as Turkey's biggest taxpayer in 2013.
Turkey announced on Sunday its star taxpayers for 2013, with six members of the Koc Holding in the top ten list.
Mustafa Rahmi Koc, who was the second biggest taxpayer in 2012, topped the list by paying government 37.4 million liras ($17.7 million) in taxes.
Arsel, a member of the Koc Holding board, ranked second in the list, paying 31.7 million liras ($15 million). Suna Kirac, another Koc member, ranked third with 26 million liras ($12.3 million).
Some media personalities, comedians and film stars also ranked highly in the list, such as TV producer Acun Ilicali, stand-up showman Cem Yilmaz and actor Kivanc Tatlitug.
- Top 10 biggest taxpayers of Turkey in 2013:
1. Mustafa Rahmi Koc 37.4 million liras
2. Semahat Sevim Arsel 31.7 million liras
3. Suna Kirac 26.9 million liras
4. Mustafa Vehbi Koc 22.6 million liras
5. Yildirim Ali Koc 19.3 million liras
6. Mehmet Omer Koc 19 million liras
7. Sarik Tara 14.8 million liras
8. Anonymous taxpayer 14.3 million liras
9. Aydin Dogan 11.7 million liras
10. Anonymous taxpayer 11.2 million liras
Copyright © 2014 Anadolu Agency