Thousand people evacuated in Homs
Thursday, May 08, 2014
ALEPPO - Almost a thousand people were evacuated from Syrian city of Homs on Thursday following a ceasefire deal between the regime and opposition.
Syrian official news agency SANA reported that 968 besieged people in Homs were evacuated, in return the opposition released 11 arrested people.
Salih Anadani, spokesperson of the opponent group Tevhid Brigade, told the Anadolu Agency that the exchange was completed in such a way that the opposition wants.
"The Islamic Front freed 11 people including an Iranian woman, Hezbollah militias and high ranking officers from Assad regime forces," Anadani said.
Anadani stated that the arrested people were delivered to the United Nations (UN) officials in the Ramuse region of Aleppo city.
Meanwhile, the Syrian Network for Human Rights (SNHR) reported that the opposition has released 30 arrested people in Latakia and Aleppo so far.
Copyright © 2014 Anadolu Agency