An Egyptian national was gunned down Tuesday in the eastern Libyan city of Benghazi
BENGHAZI, Libya – An Egyptian national was gunned down Tuesday in the eastern Libyan city of Benghazi, a hospital spokesman said.
Ali Mohamed Hasan was shot dead by unidentified gunmen, Khalil Quwedar, spokesman of the Benghazi Hospital, told Anadolu Agency.
No details are yet available about the attackers.
There was no claim of responsibility and Libyan and Egyptian authorities have yet to comment.
Egyptians are increasingly being targeted in Libya.
Some Egyptians were kidnapped in recent months by Libyans who wanted to put pressure on Cairo to release Libyan relatives put in Egyptian jails.
The Egyptian Foreign Ministry had earlier warned Egyptian nationals against traveling to Libya. It also advised others living in the turbulent North African country to practice maximum caution.
Libya has been struggling to restore order more than two years after the ouster of late strongman Muammar Gaddafi.
Copyright © 2014 Anadolu Agency